Tuesday 18 August 2009

Stilton and Courgette Carbonara

Yes, I know, its courgettes again, but in my defence I have a lot of them, makes you inventive!


  • 1 pk cooking bacon
  • 1 leek (sliced thinly)
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 12 assorted mushrooms (I used normal and chestnut, chunky chopped)
  • 4 medium sized courgettes (sliced lengthways once then chopped so half moons)
  • 1 tbsp fresh thyme
  • 1 tub ricotta cheese
  • 1 tub low fat creme fraiche
  • 2 tbsp double cream
  • 200g stilton (crumbled)

Saute the leek and garlic in a pan. Add the bacon.

Once bacon cooked add the mushrooms and courgettes and thyme.

Saute for around 5 mins until soft.

Then add ricotta, creme fraiche and cream and put on a low heat until bubbling. If sauce too thick add a little water.

Finally add stilton and stir.

Boil pasta and then add to pan and mix well.

Print this post

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome - will be trying as soon as I get back from Scotland

    ReplyDelete