Sunday 25 October 2009

Garden week of 24th October

Winter is truly upon on - good news in that I no longer have to water the veg, that is done for me. Praying the celeriac are going to expand, looking forward to pulling them up.

New greenhouse has arrived and is in pieces in the garage, have to wait and see when that gets put up. Still not bought the polytunnels yet, but that is the next task!

Managed to put a couple more sprout plants in with the hope they might grow for Xmas as the other two will be ready long before them, in fact I ate some of them last night!

The corn was both a joy and a disappointment. Joy when I stripped the plants down and got 11 cobs from them, disappointment when I stripped the husks and saw white kernels. Nevermind at least we know we can do it, better luck next year!

Picked - corn on the cob, sprouts, kale

Planted - sprouts, cabbage, turnip
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment